No Vacancy Gallery is a Melbourne-based contemporary hire-gallery that provides a link between artist run initiatives and the commercial art world. Since it’s inception in 2008, NV has promoted and exhibited local & international emerging artists, designers & curators at both its QV Gallery and Federation Square Project Space.
The gallery has been a huge supporter of Melbourne street art and prides itself on continuing to promote Melbourne-based practitioners. For the past seven years both No Vacancy spaces have attracted brilliant local and international talent, notable:
- Singing Bones | Shaun Tan
- A Secret World | Elise Hurst
- Pandarosa “Invisible Cities”
- Sugar Mountain’s Maya Huyak (USA) & Kyle Ransom (USA)
- SIX YEARS LATER “Surface” magazine launch
- the Mini Print International Competition
- Terrible Two’s, an exhibition for Desktop magazine
- the Human Rights Arts and Film Festival
- Dehara Yukinori (JPN) “Satoshi – the last salary man” Australian tour.
No Vacancy is dedicated to showcasing a broad range of mediums through curated group shows, solo exhibitions, launches, one off events, and art markets. No Vacancy Gallery operates on a fortnightly / to three-week exhibition program as well as keeping a permanent collection of work available to view.
In 2010, No Vacancy extended into Federation Square with the No Vacancy Project Space. The project space gives us the opportunity to offer artists an incredibly high profile location among the Fed Square Arts Precinct.
In 2016, No Vacancy QV renovated and installed a Espresso Bar operating Monday – Friday within the space.
WHO ARE WE
Our passionate staff and volunteers assist at all levels in our commercial operations. All are either professional artists themselves or people who are passionate about the arts.
Bella Head Gray